Launching marketing programs in healthcare can be scary. The risk of poor patient experiences can arise when appointments are not available or when they are too far out. Additionally, poorly planned and managed marketing programs can overwhelm call centers. It can also create inconsistent appointment schedules for providers that can include periods of fully-booked schedules followed by empty schedules.
The result? An inconsistent, labor-intensive, start-stop marketing outreach strategy that delivers a poor experience both internally and externally. From having to manually monitor operational capacity while a marketing program is actively running, to engaging with frustrated service lines and/or call centers who no longer have capacity to support the volume of inbound appointment requests, these manual workflows and processes can wreak havoc on any marketer.
But ideally, patient outreach programs should never have an end date. Afterall, the need for healthcare doesn’t ever stop. Always-on programs should be used to continuously reach out to the right patients to book appointments throughout the year. These types of programs are set up to run continuously to meet the needs of your patients and to maximize your operational capacity.
Challenges of Always-On Programs
Always-on programs can present challenges. Where do we have available capacity? Which patients should we reach out to for booking service line appointments? When should we reach out to patients? What messaging and call-to-action is most effective?
The biggest inherent barrier is that healthcare marketers do not have access to clinical patient data that can help them to deliver the right message to the right patient. Actium Health helps marketers overcome this challenge by applying artificial intelligence (AI) to years of patient data to predict and prioritize patient audiences for outreach.
Identifying the right patient audience is the first step. The next imperative is to make sure that you are reaching out to those patients at the right time. It’s also critical to know appointment inventory to ensure maximum conversion and a positive patient experience. An experience that leads to “no appointment availability” or a significantly long appointment lead time from your outreach will not only frustrate patients, but will drive them towards your competition, who may deliver a faster, more seamless experience.
Adopting intelligent operational capacity sensing for always-on programs achieves not only a better patient experience and outcome, but also fosters greater efficiency and productivity by curtailing manual workflows and human errors.
Benefits of Implementing Capacity Sensing Technology
There are several benefits of leveraging capacity sensing technology, including:
- Intelligent throttling - Capacity sensing technology knows when to increase and decrease outreach based on conversions to maximize appointment bookings. If there is still appointment inventory, then communications will continue to be delivered. As appointment inventory becomes scarce, it will slow or stop the volume of outreach.
- Optimized capacity utilization - Actium Health’s CENTARI provides you the flexibility to set capacity parameters around appointment inventory for optimal availability, including same-day visit slots and maximum number of appointments available. CENTARI respects same-day visit capacity, upcoming capacity, and looks at historical data before sending out communications to make sure appointments don’t become overbooked.
- Better patient experience - Our capacity sensing technology optimizes and throttles outreach based on conversions to maximize patient appointment bookings. Patient-provider continuity is also factored into our algorithms to achieve a positive experience.
- Reduced administrative burden - By leveraging automated capacity sensing, marketers no longer have to manually monitor appointment inventory. Marketing campaigns no longer have to start/stop as outreach is automated based on appointment inventory.
- Increased marketing efficiency - Always-on programs that utilize capacity sensing will significantly increase your efficiency in activating patients to drive patient volume to your service lines. Your teams will be able to focus on more complex and sophisticated programs and campaigns that may not be suited for always-on like new patient acquisition strategies and brand marketing programs.
Drive Patient Volume Faster Without Overbooking Appointments
Actium Health’s technology makes it safe for marketers to launch always-on marketing programs that quickly drive patient volume. With our purpose-built operational capacity sensing technology, Actium delivers healthcare marketers peace of mind in knowing that their message and call-to-action will deliver a great experience and successful conversion. Capacity sensing enables marketers to sustain more stable, continuous outreach to patients that keeps your physicians at high utilization and provides a smoother, more predictable revenue stream.
Capacity sensing technology can help you create and run successful always-on programs. These programs will deliver a steady flow of appointments booked throughout the year and significantly reduce the need to create one-off marketing campaigns to drive patient volume. Always-on programs that use capacity sensing improve both business results and the patient experience.
Actium Health’s CENTARI™ utilizes capacity sensing technology, giving marketers peace-of-mind when running always-on programs.
Listen to this product highlight overview with Joe Schmid, chief technology officer, to learn more about Actium Health's capacity sensing technology. If you'd like to discuss how your health system can benefit from this and other CRM intelligence features, request a demo with one of our patient engagement experts.